A subwoofer is designed to reproduce the lowest of audible frequencies and will give you that spine-tingling rumble effect that takes you out of reality and into the plot. With dual 8″ Injected polypropylene woofers, large magnets and 350 Watts of power handling, the IWS-88 in-wall subwoofer performs excellently for home theater surround sound applications as well as for listening to music. The IWS-88 includes a dog-ear bracket system that mounts securely to the sheet-rock after the cut-out hole has been made and the speaker has been dropped into the hole. The grille is paintable and includes a cutout template that doubles as a paint shield. You’ll experience thunderous, room-filling bass without filling up floor space.
Because this is a passive speaker, it will require a subwoofer amplifier to power it. An ideal match to this subwoofer is our SMP250 dedicated subwoofer amplifier that features 150 watts (mono) and front panel controls, Phase switch, Frequency Control Knob (35 Hz to 180 Hz) and Volume control.
*Note: Requires Additional Subwoofer Amplifier
- Ideal for home theaters and for music
- Woofer: Dual 8″ Injected Polypropylene Woofers
- Power handling: 350 Watts
- Frequency Response: 38-500hz
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1W/1M
- Reinforced Back Bridge Plate For Better Bass
- Impedance 8 Ohms
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 11 7/16″ x 18 7/8″ x 4″
- Cut-out Size (WxH): 10 1/4″ x 17 3/4″
- Mounting Depth: 3 9/16″