This stand-alone sub includes a 12-inch driver and 150 Watts of power. This sub can tackle medium and larger size home theater rooms (300-500 square feet). For smaller rooms, check out the S-10.
In addition to home theaters, the S-12 can be added to your satellite speaker system or two-channel systems for more bass.
The S-12 uses a down-firing design, which means the speaker is mounted at the bottom of the cabinet firing down into the floor. The bass distribution of this design is typically more equal and precise than front-firing subwoofers, but down-firing subs work best when firing into hard wood floors or hard surfaces. If you have carpeting, you may want to cut a piece of wood and place directly under the subwoofer’s feet. Zoom into the pictures and you’ll see that the S-12 has a front firing tuned 3-inch port. The down firing, front tuned port design allows the sub cabinet to be smaller, more efficient and ultimately less expensive.
- Speaker Type: 12″ Down-firing High Performance Powered Subwoofer with 3” front–firing tuned port
- Driver: 12″ Reinforced
- Amplifier Power Output: 150 Watts (RMS)
- Variable Frequency Response: Set between 50Hz – 250Hz
- Functions: Switched Power (On/Off) or Auto-sensing option
- Input/Outputs: Both High Level (Speaker) and Line Level (RCA)
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 16 1/4″ x 13 x 15
- Weight: 31 lbs
- S-12 Home Theatre Subwoofer
- Instruction Manuals
- Sound Effects Library of your choice (I recommend DEEP)