Choose from Sandstone, Slate Dark Grey or Granite Light Grey!
The RX550 5.25-Inch Outdoor Rock Speakers provide superb sound quality. They look right in your outdoor display, in the garden or in any other outdoor environment. These rock speakers are housed in an acoustically inert enclosures that are designed from aerospace-grade, multi-layer composite cabinetry. With all-weather construction that withstands high temperatures, rain and other severe weather conditions, these faux rock outdoor speakers are available in brown, slate and white granite styles.
• All-weather components withstand rain, high temperatures, and other harsh weather conditions
• Acoustically inert enclosure made from aerospace grade multi-layer composite cabinetry
• Designed specifically for outdoor environments with excellent sound quality
• Available in different colors to match your environment
Installing Rock Speakers
Installing these speakers can be very simple; just decide where you want them to go and run the speaker wire from the desired sound source. Most outdoor speakers are passive devices, which means they do not have built-in amplification and will need a source of power. Most customers connect their outdoor speakers directly to household amplification, that is directly to a home receiver or outboard receiver stored safely in a tool shed or other covered space where it is protected from the elements. I recommend you bury it 4-6” underground so that it’s not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. I also recommend using CL3 rated outdoor speaker wire specifically designed for the outdoors.
Many customers ask if our rock speakers can take a “Chicago winter” or an “Arizona summer,” and we tell them yes. The enclosure and internal components are specially designed and sealed against all kinds of weather. I also remind folks, however, that it’s not a bad idea to store the speakers during months when no one would dare to be outside. Doing this will only add to the longevity of your new outdoor speakers.
- Speaker type: Weather-resistant multi-purpose rock speaker
- Woofer: 5.25-inch dual polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround
- Power handling: 100 watts
- Frequency response: 65Hz to 20kHz
- Dimensions: 8 inches high, 9 inches wide and 9 inches in diameter
- Pack weight: 11.7 pounds for both together
- Unit: Pair
- 1-year warranty